Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Out with the old...

I've seen a few of these end of year round up thingies so I jumped on the bandwagon and decided to do my own.

I think 2006 can only be summed up as 'the year of the baby' in my world, with the safe arrival of Sol, Scarlett, James, Niahm, Alexandra and John. Baby knitting was plentiful here at Casa Rain and you all patiently put up with my rambling on about all things tiny.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16

I have to admit to really enjoying making little things and to feeling just the eensiest, weensiest bit broody. It's the shoes, teeny tiny shoes get me every time.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 -12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16

Once friends and family had ceased breeding, it was time to move onto bigger and better things. I managed to turn out a few sweaters for myself and about a billion pairs of Mrs Beetons (ok, 4, but it felt like it). There was a whole host of other bits and pieces that were sent out as gifts that I completely forgot to take photos of, something to remember for next year.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 -5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 -12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

I really feel like my knitting has come on in leaps and bounds this year, I learnt a whole heap of new techniques and consolidated a lot of the old ones. I've ironed out a lot of bad habits too. My favourite knit of the year has to be Scarlett's flying suit, I loved seeing her in it.

I'm only carrying over a few several UFOs into next year which I am determined to finish soon, they are...

Jedi coat (still needs a lining sewing in)
Green cabled cardi (half the sleeves and the button bands to go)
Lily Chin Reversible Rib Shawl (it just goes on and on...)
Scarlett's garter stitch hat (awaiting the top part)
Fetching (awaiting thumbs)
Serrano (please don't make me finish it)
Braided cable cardigan (awaiting sleeves)
The sample for my Sensual Knits submission (how I wish I could show you)

All in all it's been a very productive year. Hang onto your hats for the next one...

You can make your own mosaics here - Flickr Toys

13 Comments:

At 3:36 pm, Blogger artyfartykat said...

Wow! How many things have you knitted this year!
It looks amazing when they are all put together.
My faves are the titchy tiny shoes with the teddy bear heads! They are soooo cute!!!

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Great gallery of your 2006 projects :-) Have to say I really loved the flying suit too, and also those cute little hoodies :-) The Twister scarf looks great too!

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger T said...

Have I already told you, when we were about 5th years at school (old fashioned speak, that's 15) my friend went out and bought a pair of baby socks to have and to hold, to get her through a mad hormonal time? :) They're not kind to us these hormones. So many babies, it was amazing, and you made some lovely things. The flying suit was a masterpiece.

I can't wait to see the Lily Chin shawl, I think that will really be worth all of the work.

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Ling said...

Wow - you have been amazingly productive. There are some gorgeous items there - I especially love the baby things. They are so cute!

 
At 5:20 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

Wow! When everything is added up I can't believe you have any fingers left, they should be worn right off!

I love all those cute baby knits, and you sure made a lot of sweaters.

Happy New Year!

 
At 7:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me very curious about how many things I've knit this year. A year-end round-up sounds fun. I'm guessing my round-up will not be as impressive as yours, though. You're truly a wonder with the knits for the kidlets.

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Zonda said...

I love all of your projects, the flight suit is amazing! Darned bloglines...that's what I get for trusting them...Oh well, time to catch up on you! :)

Pretty amazing just how much we did knit last year though!! I still can't believe mine! :)

 
At 1:35 am, Blogger Bezzie said...

Holy cow. I am FLOORED! I mean I've seen most of these (I agree, I love the flightsuit the best!) but seeing them all together is just amazing! You're a machine!

 
At 7:22 pm, Blogger Pinkwool said...

Anyone else convinced that Rain has employed the use of knitting gnomes? No, just me then?

You have the most fab baby FO's Rain. Those are truely blessed babies to have an Autnie Rain to knit beautiful things for them. My faves are the zipup hoodie and the camo jacket.

 
At 8:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I had been half as productive as you were!

 
At 3:29 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

Fantastic gallery of completed knits, it's wonderful to see them all together.

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Baigneuse said...

So many pretty knits! A very productive year I must say.

 
At 1:27 am, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Amazing knitting in 2006. Wow. So many lovely things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home