Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Weird

I have been tagged by CraftyDramaQueen and Lisa L to reveal 6 weird things about me. Of course by the very virtue of being English I am perfectly normal because only in this country is eccentricity bordering on sheer madness a celebrated national characteristic. If I'm slightly odd it's more than hidden by the many nutters that also inhabit this green and pleasant land.

If only that were true. My friends could testify that I'm actually one of the few that even the total crazies think has lost it.

Confession time

1. I don't eat anything green. Nope, nothing, nada. No, not even whatever you're thinking of right now.

2. I used to be a vegetarian. See number 1.

3. I am terrified of the toilet monster, you know, the one that comes up and gets you when you flush the loo. I agonise over whether to hold the seat down while I flush or whether to just flush and run. It depends where I am and how far away the door is. Having a door more than three steps away from the seat would really test our friendship.

4. I have a tattoo of a stickman pushing a lawnmower across the top of my *cough* hair. Why? Because it makes me smile every time I see it. I have a good old grin every time I go to the toilet until... see number 3.

5. I never go to bed before midnight, not even when I've had to get up at 5am on a regular basis. I just can't do it and feel like I'm missing out on something.

6. I don't care what I look like when I leave the house, even my friends often don't want to sit near me in the pub. I won't let fashion dictate what I wear, I just throw on what I like. These days I mostly sport the 'dragged through a hedge backwards look'. I like it.

There are rules to this which state I'm supposed to tag 6 other people. I've never been very good at doing as I'm told...

Huge thanks to Lizzy for the sock monkey hat. I shall wear it with pride... probably sat on my own in the pub.

9 Comments:

At 12:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... number 4 had me nearly peeing my pants!!! That's the kind of tattoo I'd get :) :) If I weren't so scared of the "pain" factor LOL.

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

But I already knew about #4! Ha ha!
Toilet monster--greatttt--now I have that to worry about!!!!

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger T said...

Haha, you crack me up! :D Love that sock monster hat, btw.
I read that bit in the first paragraph as "green and pleasant LARD." Well, you are Northern after all and therefore partial to a bit of lard ;)

 
At 3:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, I have a brother who won't eat anything green either. You don't know what you're missing! LOL.
-Lulah

 
At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delightfully weird! I don't understand about the green things though -- do you not eat them because you got sick of them after years of being a vegetarian? Or do you not eat them because you don't like them, and you didn't even eat them when you were a vegetarian? (If so, I'm guessing you ate lots of pasta.)

And like everyone else, your tattoo is cracking me up.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh..Wow!! hehe! Still don't know how you could have been a vegetarian without eating #1...but what do I know LOL!

I love that hat! And yeah, I too stay up about that late too!

You are a riot! That tatoo! hehe!

 
At 4:43 am, Blogger String Bean said...

#4... Wha ha ha ha! What fun! I'll take a tag. Tomorrow's my, er, coming out day.

You have a toilet monster, I have an under the bed monster. You know, leaping onto the bed instead of just sitting down like a "normal" person.

 
At 3:27 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

This is a marvellous meme! I think you win!!! :D

 
At 1:22 am, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I thought I was the only one afraid of the toilet monster!!! I have an under-the-bed monster, too, StringBean.

#4 - Hahahahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home