Before I went in to have it done I did get some knitting finished. I've been wanting to knit with Wendy Fusion from when I first saw it. It's divine. It's a chunky single plied 50/50 wool/acrylic that comes in the most gorgeous colourways. It was Juniper Berries that caught my eye, but shock horror I couldn't think of anything to knit in it. I didn't need any more purple accessories and I couldn't budget in a sweater from it at this time of year. Then my mother came to the rescue. She's just bought a purple coat (don't tempt me on the red hat!) and needed a scarf or something to go with it. We decided on a cowl and I set to work. She wasn't bothered what it looked like and I wanted to do something that would show off the yarn to it's best advantage which meant something plain-ish. I decided to go for alternating cables with no purl breaks. I've had something similar in mind for something else and wanted to use this project to see how things would turn out.
I wasn't overjoyed with how it looks but the Ma is happy as long as it keeps her warm. I'm so delighted with the yarn I'll be making myself a scarf from the Cinnamon colourway as soon as I can get out for the yarn. As well as a broken nose I've also broken a toe so it could be some time...
Psst - I have a lot of emails and blogs to catch up on which I'll try to get done over the next week or so.