Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Knitz and Glitz

I wanted to start with a huge thanks for all your kind words and support for the last post. It really means a lot to me.

I also wanted to show you my new pretty shinies from Hazel's shop - Knitz and Glitz. She's just started selling these wonderful row counter bracelets which I simply could not wait to have. They're incredibly useful. I snapped up this wooden one the second I saw it.
There are loads of different designs to choose from. The other thing I bought is top secret as it's a present for a friend, but what I can tell you is that after seeing it in person and trying it on I really don't want to part with it. I'm such a magpie for pretty shiny things that I think I'll have to order another for myself. I also received this fab mobile phone charm with a frog on that matches my stitch markers. How freaking cute is this...
Thank you very much Hazel.

Hazel is adding new stuff all the time so it's well worth checking back regularly.

If any of my friends or family reading this are stuck for a gift for me, you can't go far wrong with anything from Hazel *cough* stitch markers *cough*.

I am knitting furiously away but my camera decided to die on me properly this time so I can't show you anything. Fortunately I found out it was a manufacturing fault which Sony will fix for free, so if you have a distorted or blank screen on any of the following models, get in touch with your local Sony Store for details. Those affected are...

DSC-F717; DSC-P10/S; DSC-P2/S; DSC-P31; DSC-P31M; DSC-P32; DSC-P32M; DSC-P51; DSC-P51M; DSC-P52; DSC-P52 M; DSC-P7; DSC-P71; DSC-P71M; DSC-P72; DSC-P72M; DSC-P8/L; DSC-P8/R; DSC-P8/S; DSC-P92; DSC-P92M; DSC-U10/S; DSC-U20/B; DSC-U20/LJ; DSC-U20/S; DSC-U30/H; DSC-U30/LJ; DSC-U30/S; DSC-U60; DSC-V1; MVC-CD250; MVC-CD250 M; MVC-CD400; MVC-CD500; MVC-FD100; MVC-FD100 M; MVC-FD200; and MVC-FD200 M.

I've since discovered other models are also affected which are listed here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6179902.stm

29 Comments:

At 11:56 am, Blogger T said...

Very freaking cute! :D I'm having my delivery from Hazel next week and can't wait. I copied you on the wooden row counter bracelet and Carrie Anne on the choc ice choker, lol.

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger Samantha said...

Very nice! I love the frog. :) Congratulations on getting a pattern accepted into Debbie Stoller's new SnB book. I like her stuff and probably would have bought it anyway, but now I'm going to pre-order it when it comes available! :)
YAY!

 
At 2:19 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

Gorgeous counter bracelet! I've got beads just like those...hmmm.....

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger Seahorse said...

Lovely Hazel-goodies!

More congrats on the pattern acceptance too!

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

Knitz and Glitz is fantastic. I hope she'll be in Ally Pally in October, but if not, you are right, these are perfect gifts for knitters ( ourselves as well, of course!)
thanks for the link.

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger Batty said...

Oooh, knitting rosary! And I love that frog. So perfect!

 
At 4:52 pm, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Weird timing with the row counter bracelets, eh?

 
At 5:14 pm, Blogger Charity said...

SO cute! You come across the most wonderful things, Rain! :0)

 
At 6:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Se added the phone charms...one more week to payday and I will shop!! She is awsome...have to tell her that. Your bit's and bobs are lovely and soooo cute

 
At 6:36 pm, Blogger Tusa said...

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see your pattern in print. Wow!!

Also thank you so much for visiting and for the good wishes.

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Thanks, Rain. (Blush) You're such a sweetie! :-) Hope you get your camera fixed soon.

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Congrats on the Stitch n Bitch pattern! It's so exciting! Love your purchase from Hazel. The frog is sooo cute.

 
At 10:35 pm, Blogger Spinningsue said...

I'm a bit behind on my blog reading but... woohoo! for getting a pattern accepted for Stitch 'n' Bitch!

 
At 3:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to buy one of those row counters. They are such a great idea.

 
At 9:05 pm, Blogger Ling said...

Wow - congrats on the SnB pattern acceptance! Looking forward to seeing it!

Lovely purchases!

 
At 5:18 am, Blogger Stefaneener said...

I go away for 15 minutes, and you post twice! Congratulations and enjoy using that bracelet.

 
At 5:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohoooo! Congratulations on getting your pattern accepted, so brilliant! I would have bought the book anyway, but now I'll be extra, extra excited to see your pattern.
And thanks for telling us about Knitz and Glitz too - I must have one (or two) of those bracelets!

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, pretty pretty things! So glad you can get your camera fixed for free.

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger KnitPastis said...

That's one way to hint to family and friend's what you would like! I love it! Thanks for the heads up on the Sony's. I have a Sony but don't see my # listed. Lots of knitting...I can't wait to see what you are knitting now!!

 
At 8:21 am, Blogger Faerynuff said...

Congratulations and Jubilations!

Well done you clever old Rain!

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Rain, love those counter bracelets. I have never seen them before. I use a pile of pretty stones for my counting when it is less than 10, but those look great and are easier to carry about. I will watch for the SnB book!

 
At 10:27 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

The bracelet is such an excellent idea, I might just have to go for one of those soon.

Hope your camera is up and running again soon.

 
At 12:29 am, Blogger knitfriendly said...

I love the little frog! Thanks for letting us know about the Sony defect. I have a Sony but need to go and see if I have one of those that are affected.

 
At 5:39 am, Blogger Charity said...

Rain,
Have you seen this?
http://myblog.de/mindfulknitting/art/4498574/Frog

I came across this today, and thought of you :0)

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger Melissa said...

Awesome bracelet! Love the frog charm also.

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Jerry said...

Hey, mega congrats on your getting published! Another famous one among our ranks :-) Bummer on the camera, I'm in the market for a new one myself.

The frogs are cute! You've given me an idea but not saying what in case I can't do it.

 
At 6:48 pm, Blogger Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
The first patterns I had published were in S&B Nation so I know exactly how exciting it feels :oD
I first saw your blog when you had the Ruby baby socks entry and loved them so much I knew you would be a star ;o)
Well done! Can't wait to see your work in print!

Ooh and just to let you know, I too have a pattern accepted for one of her new books, but not the same one as you....shame as we could've shared some ink ;o)

 
At 9:11 am, Blogger String Bean said...

Congrats on getting your pattern accepted! I'll definitely have to buy it now!

 
At 4:02 am, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home