I've been tagged
and I don't mean electronically. I'm not that much of a delinquent.
Sharon got me. As usual click the photos to see them bigger.
4 jobs or places of work:
- Market trader - My first job at 15 was selling greetings cards and gifts on the local market.
- Bar Staff - I've worked in venues from small local pubs to big night clubs and sports stadiums. It paid my way through University and kept me in beer tokens.
- Outdoor Activity Instructor - I taught kids to do various adventure sports from Archery to Zip Lines. I didn't kill any, but a few cried.
- Military Aircrew - I spent a few years in the Air Force training to be a Weapons Systems Operator before a back injury cut my career short. It's been left open for me to return, so who knows....
- Withnail and I - I find this film hilarious, it reminds me of my student days and the grubby house I shared with 6 others.
- The Importance of Being Earnest - another really funny film and you can't go wrong with a bit of Colin Firth.
- Pride and Prejudice - The BBC version, not technically a film, but I love it. Don't talk to me about the new film, Jane Austen will be spinning in her grave.
- Top Gun - It was no accident I joined the Air Force.
- Durham - I spent 3 of my 4 University years in the city. Home of Hogwarts and a medieval architectural masterpiece. I spent many hours in the Castle Dungeons (it's a bar now). In the words of Bill Bryson, "If you have never been to Durham, go at once. Take my car, it's wonderful."
- France - Southern Normandy, I was teaching as part of my Uni course. It's a beautiful place and the people were really friendly and welcoming.
- Austria - Vorarlberg, I lived in a mountain village and was made an honourary native. Lots of skiing and schnapps.
- Spain - Costa Brava, I worked as a watersports instuctor, living 2 mins away from a beautiful beach.
- Life on Mars - I'm devastated I have to wait a year for the next series. It was marvellous.
- House - I'm grumpy, he's grumpy, it's a match made in heaven.
- 24 - I like the pace of it and the idea of it being 'real time'.
- Judge John Deed - My inner idealist loves the character.
- Knitty Coffeeshop
- Bloglines, so I can keep up with you good people and your blogs.
- KnitNerds, a great new site bringing knitting resources together in one place for easy reference.
- Peru - the best 5 weeks of my life. I've found paradise.
- Germany - I did an exchange while I was at 6th Form College and had a fab few weeks in Bavaria.
- French Alps - I went on a kayaking trip for 3 weeks with my University Canoe Club. It's a stunning part of the world.
- The Lake District - I used to go camping and hill walking with my friends in a very beautiful part of the UK (Cumbria).
- My Mum's roast dinners. She does the best roast spuds I've ever tasted.
- Indian - curry, any kind will do.
- Chinese - sweet and sour chicken is my favourite
- Mexican - whether it's chilli or fajitas, it's great.
- Peru, I'd go back tomorrow and stay there forever.
- Flying in a helicopter, because there's nothing like it.
- Spain, I could do with a bit of sun, sea, sand and sangria.
- Travelling around the world, it a dream of mine, watch this space.
I know a lot of you have been tagged with this already, but if you haven't yet, consider it done!