Awaiting the results
I had one of those tense moments when I pulled the knitting off the needles (onto a thread) to check the shape and fitting. My results can be see on the progress bar down on the right.
So far it's been a bit of a leap of faith with doubts what it would look like. I must admit I was pleased with the results, although surprised would be a better description.
On the floor the bust shaping looked ok. I'd considered short rows, but wasn't convinced by them.
I eventually went with m1, k1, m1 on the right side rows.
I then tied it around me and pinned it down to get a look at how it would fit when worn. The gap will be filled with a wide 2x2 rib.
I've not made any decisions on the neck shaping yet so it's time to sit and make a few more calculations for the neck and shoulder shaping. I still don't know how the bottom is going to work, but I'm consulting my Knitting Coach (my Mum) for possible solutions. That's something I'm going to worry about later.
There have been a few serious crashes in the skiing today and I hope the injuries haven't been too serious and that recovery will be swift. If you're also competing (knitting not skiing) I hope your item is going well and that there hasn't been too much ripping happening.