Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Knitting Pixies

It appears that the Knitting Pixies have been to visit. I know they've been when something has gone wrong. Whether it's something that won't grow, no matter how much I work on it, or a dropped stitch, I know they're to blame. I must have really upset them this time because they've wandered off with a whole ball of yarn, not just any ball of yarn, but the one I needed to finish my project, the one that I can't replace. Of course it could have been the dog, but knowing how much he likes to pull balls apart I'd have noticed him playing with it.

It was some of the yarn I showed you a few posts ago, the pink, lilac, blue and white crepe which I have since traced to being Sirdar Silky Look in Maypole. I have been to all of the yarn shops nearby and nobody seems to have any, nor can get it. I'd be really loathe to buy more, especially at full price as I know I bought three balls and I definitely brought them home. Somewhere in the process of putting them upstairs and tidying them away, one has gone AWOL. Pixies! Definitely the Pixies.

Being an idiot I started knitting with the rest of it because I figured it must be there somewhere but despite turning the house upside down twice I've been unable to uncover it. This leaves me in a pretty crappy place. If I frog, they'll give it back, if I leave it I'll go mad looking for it.

I'd started Daydream in it from 'Rowan Babies' by Kim Hargreaves and it was turning out beautifully. I have enough for one more sleeve, but as I like knitting similar parts at the same time I decided to hold off until I have enough for both. In desperation I might adapt the pattern and work shorter sleeves.

If I knew what the Pixies eat I'd leave them an offering. One of my biscuits went missing the other day, but that one definitely was the dog.

8 Comments:

At 1:02 am, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Oh those devilish pixies. I swear they have a ball for a wrap I need to finish...perhaps hide the glorious garment thus far, and it will reappear cause they'll think you've given up. Or offer up a different ball...

I hope you get to finish it - it's pretty!

 
At 4:31 am, Blogger Knittypants said...

oh no! I hope the pixies will give back the ball. the little sweater is looking so sweet, it would be frustrating not to be able to finish up.

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Melissa said...

Dang!! And it looks so good! Maybe you'll find it....check the freezer...that's where my keys end up sometimes.

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger Stefaneener said...

In my house, they take needles. Do you think that they're getting together with yours and knitting a wee version of your sweater?

It looks so nice, I can see them being jealous.

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Oh no, hope you find the missing ball. Things often go "missing" here too. Normally due to my having put them Somewhere Safe ....

 
At 12:51 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Just seen Kemps have this yarn, not sure if this is full price or not though.

 
At 10:24 am, Blogger Rain said...

stefaneener - I think they may well be in cahoots.

Dreamcatcher - thank you!

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger Dina said...

I agree with Aurora ... leave a bit of alcohol and that would get them drunk enough to return that ball to you ...

and hurry, because it looks too pretty not to have another sleeve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home