Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Free to Stitch - Free to Bitch


I just wanted to show my support for this cause. I put the button in my sidebar days ago, but reckon all the pretty buttons may dazzle you long before you reach the bottom. Click on the button above to learn more. A brief overview, a New York sewing firm have laid claim to the phrase Stitch n Bitch and are using bully boy legal tactics to close down sites that use it. This has affected a large number of knitting groups. Many yahoo groups have been shut down, depriving a lot of people of their main information and contact source.

It's pathetic and ridiculous.

I really hope this hasn't affected your SnB group.

If you want to show your support then there are a number of ways to do it, not least by putting a button on your blog to spread the word. They even have a selection of fancy flashing ones.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Let's hope this nonsense stops before it affects any more groups.

7 Comments:

At 5:39 am, Blogger Vicki said...

I've added your blog to my favourites, tomorrow I'll definitely make a post about the stitch and bitch thing!!

 
At 5:31 pm, Blogger Cerridwen said...

How do you get the cool blinky ones? Every time i try to use it, it won't go all cool and blinky...

 
At 5:45 pm, Blogger Rain said...

I saved the flashing one from their site, I think it's on the support page. I then hosted it with www.imageshack.us and used the web code they gave me in my sidebar. I had to use that code in my post too as it freezes if you just upload it in blogger.

Hope that helps.

 
At 1:27 am, Blogger Brittany said...

our group has had a lot of discussion about this, it sucks, but we changed our yahoo group name to SnB- Los Angeles to avoid legal issues...

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Jerry said...

This is the kind of crap that makes me go crackers. UGH! I'll post about it on my blog. The courts and laywers ought to be ashamed of themselves for clogging the legal sytem with rubbish like this.

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger Bad Amy said...

Oh Rain, you are so much more polite than I. Then again, I am just as advertised! ::wink::

We changed to Knit Club Toledo after our original yahoo group was closed. Tyler Durden would be proud.

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Rain said...

First rule of Knit Club.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home