Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

She's here

I've been holding off the birth announcement waiting for a name, but Mum and Dad are still undecided. Jenny gave birth yesterday to a 7lb 7oz beautiful baby girl, who by all accounts is just perfect. I'm absolutely overjoyed for them and know they'll make excellent parents.

Since I did all of my girly knitting early on, I feel like I haven't made anything pretty for ages. I feel like I've made far too many things that would do either, but are actually a little boyish. I went into town today for a haircut and came home with mounds of girly yarn from the market. It was an accident, really it was, but it was too much of a bargain to leave behind. It's all without labels, but some of it I recognise from John Lewis and another expensive yarn store I go to (mostly just to lust after nice stuff). At 49p (86 cents) per 50g ball it would have been rude not to. I could have gone mad, but showed amazing restraint. (It was at Habiknit for those of you in the North)

En stash.. (as always, click to see bigger)

3 balls, 2 shades of pink and white. It falls somewhere between DK and 4 ply so i'll have to swatch it before I find a project for it.









5 balls, raspberry crepe with silver strands (4ply). I'm tentatively thinking of making a bolero from this.










3 balls, shades of pink, lilac, blue and white. It's crepe 4 ply like the rapsberry. I'll probably make Daydream from 'Rowan Babies' by Kim Hargreaves.

4 balls, brown beige and cream 3ply. This is probably going to be a complete pain to match to a pattern so I might design something myself. I just thought it was a bit different and would make a change from pink.







1 and a half balls, white. This is velvety and tufty. I almost paid a small fortune for some of this just last week. They also had lilac, pale blue, lemon and a few varigated ones that were a bit on the bright side. Since I have no idea what it will knit like I decided not to get any more of this. I'm considering it for the white tufty bits on the Baby Ugg boots once I've found a sub for the brown.

Congratulations again Jenn and Nick. I can't wait to see her.

9 Comments:

At 6:47 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

Congratulations on the new baby in your life! Little girls are so much fun to knit for. Daydream is really cute.

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Sharon J said...

Now you've gone and got me all jealous! I want a pink baby to knit for. Not that the blue ones aren't nice, but y'know... thier knitwear isn't frilly and pretty. Anyway, ugg boots. Just put "fauve" into ebay. I'm sure the brown stuff will do the job. Somebody else had used it although I can't for the life of me remember who. ~Sharon

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Congratulations!!! :-)
Wonderful yarn choices, btw.

 
At 6:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I looked at your blog and I'm from CT. (Since you were wondering who has visited your site). I particularly love the baby booties! Also Anthony Edwards (from Top Gun and ER) has a country home within walking distance from my house! I've only seen hime once though. Keep up the great work!

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Yeah!!! Happy girl-baby!!! Congratulations!!!! Pretty yarns - enjoy more frilly knitting!

 
At 7:03 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Lovely bargainous yarn! Congrats on having a wee girly to knit for too :-)

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Cheers folks, yay for pretty knitting. I'm going to see her in a few weeks so i'll have to get the needles going.

Sharon, thanks for the yarn suggestion, I remember you mentioning it on your blog and keep meaning to look it up.

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger Jerry said...

Your yarn choices look great and the booties are really sweet! Congrats to the parents too :)

 
At 6:37 pm, Blogger Melissa said...

I love soft pretty pink yarn. I'm so jealous! All these boys around me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home