Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Just tie me to my rocking chair

No knitting today I'm in shock.

I've just found out that I'm going to be a GREAT Auntie. That's not me proclaiming how good I'm going to be at it (although my favourite Nephew thinks I rock). That's me saying...

OH My $%£&!@ Word!

My oldest Niece is pregnant. Before you think I come from a family of slappers, my Sister is 18 years older than me and the Niece in question is 21.

It's more the fact that I'm going to be a Great Auntie aged just 26 that bothers me. This leaves a very small amount of time before theoretically I could become a Great, Great Auntie. There's even the possibility that there could be two more Greats in there before I die. I do not want to be Great, Great, Great, Great Aunt Rain.

And to top it off, when is this baby due? Yes you guessed it, July! I already have 3 babies due in the June/July slot and there just isn't room for any more. If you know me,

NO MORE BABIES!

I'm pleased for her, really I am, but where do I get the extra set of hands I need for all that knitting. I wonder if it's possible to knit with your feet?

11 Comments:

At 2:20 pm, Blogger Sharon J said...

What an excellent picture! Is that you showing off your newly learned talents?

I shouldn't worry too much about theoretically becoming a Great, Great Aunt - in 5 years I could theoretically become a Great Grandmother! (But I won't) ~Sharon xx

 
At 2:25 pm, Blogger Rain said...

*Grin* I've been calling my Mum Great Granny all day.

I'm beginning to wish that I really could knit with my feet.

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Spinningsue said...

My Dad was an uncle before he was conceived! He was the youngest child of 11. I didn't become an aunt until I was 22 but that nephew will be 21 this year - all that time passing how did that happen?

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

Great picture! I don't know how you're going to knit for all these babies, you will have very busy fingers.

That's neat about being a great aunt, I am not sure I will even get to be a regular aunt as no one related to me seems to want babies, so congratulations!

 
At 11:50 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Nutty, it's just baby after baby at the moment. There can't have been that much on the telly recently.

As for the creature, he just barged his way into my photo. I don't normally trust him that close to my yarn, he likes to unravel it.

Sue, I wonder where the years go. It's funny as I still think of her as being about 6.

Areli, thanks, it's cool really but came as a bit of a shock. I had age issues on my last birthday and this has set my friends off laughing more than anything.

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Hee congrats on the forthcoming great-auntiness! Love the picture too.

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hmm...I don't know what it is, but God knows I'll be drinking bottled water only around here.

 
At 1:59 am, Blogger Jerry said...

Very well done Rain! If I come to England, will you teach me to knit with my feet too? :-)

I can't help with the age issues, I'm going to be Twenty-Eighteen (yes, I stole that from Elaine Boosler, the comic) in March and I don't like it one bit. Let's raise a toast of Absinthe and forget about age? Cheers!

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Agnes said...

hahaha ... you are soooo funny! But it would be really great to be able to knit with our feet!

 
At 11:15 am, Blogger Rain said...

Aurora - I can only hope so, my friends really are having a field day with this one.

Thanks for the congrats folks.

 
At 1:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! With babies on the way in our family, I really should start knitting a thing or two! I might have to take up the foot thing. When you master it, I'll fly over and you can teach me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home