Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

More mufflers

Over the festive season I was invited to Emily's parents for dinner and drinks. Emily's mother admired my muffler and asked if i'd make her some to go with her new coat. She offered to pay me, but I was more than glad to make them anyway. She brought round the yarn she'd chosen on Tuesday night and I finshed them off yesterday. They really are a quick make and easy to do.

Here are the finished articles.

The pink one is in Aran weight yarn used double throughout.

The cream one is in chunky yarn and feels incredibly soft.

Both are in acrylic.

Pattern here.


I blocked them this morning, again using the steamer, but this time without the pressing attachment, just a hose. I then dried them off with a hairdryer as I was too impatient to wait. I even managed it without the hassle of last time.

I just wanted to stretch out the pattern and you can see the difference it makes.

These were scanned, I got the idea from Bonnie at 'Toward the Blue Peninsula' who scans all of her knitting, it is a particularly good way of showing stitch patterns.

Jackie has just been to pick them up and has exchanged them for a fine bottle of wine. Hmm, knitting for wine, I think i'm onto something... although not knitting with wine, that could be disasterous.


She was also kind enough to let me keep the remaining yarn. The pink was out of a 400g ball so there is plenty left for other projects.

8 Comments:

At 5:54 pm, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Ooh, I like thise! Is that your own design or is it from a pattern?

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger Rain said...

It's a stitch pattern that's in the public domain, I added stitches to the edges and buttons to fasten it.

I just wanted something short as my long scarves keep getting ruined in the vecro of my jacket.

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Wonderful job on the mufflers, and thanks for posting the pattern. I'm currently making a scarf in Noro Kureyon as a birthday present, and this would be perfect for a scarf in the same yarn for me :-)

 
At 5:30 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

You sure knit those up quick. They are really cute.

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Thanks guys - i'm all in favour of anything that doesn't take long.

Moonstoned!!!

Of course I remember you, I used to talk to you loads. I haven't seen you about online for ages...and now I know where your blog is....

 
At 9:12 pm, Blogger Sharon J said...

That's the same pattern as I used on my mum's pink socks. Looks good as a muffler :) ~Sharon

 
At 7:10 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Your ruby slippers...if I had them, I'd be clicking at every pub "There's no place like home!" :)
You are very right. The sweater needs to match nicely. So Saxon braid it is up the sleeve for the saddle and for the middle. :) Thanks!
I love that muffler! Another thing to add to my "to knit" list!

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger Rain said...

Sharon - I had no idea it was the same pattern, it looks so different tiny on socks.

Aurora - Happy New Year!

Tiffany it's great if guys hassle you in the pub. I offer to lend them my shoes so they can * off home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home