Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Potter

It seems like every knitter jumped on the band wagon and made a Harry Potter scarf. Some of us remained faithful and went with Gryffindor, while others on the dark side went for Slytherin. It wasn’t long after I finished mine that the next film came out and they had changed the design. CURSES! However, I wasn’t willing to make another, I hate making scarves and I’d just made two, one for me and one for a friend.

I deviated a lot from the norm. I didn’t have the time or the yarn to make them both double sided in st-st, so I went for fisherman’s rib so it wouldn’t curl. I also decided not to add a fringe as I thought it would be a bit much with the patches *cough* couldn’t be bothered *cough*. I bought the embroidered patches in the Warner Bros. store and ironed them onto the reverse side (it’s smoother). Mine is going all bobbly and pilled because it keeps catching on the Velcro of my jacket fastening, but my friend’s is still looking quite neat and tidy.

I’ve got my cinema tickets booked for tonight and you can guarantee I’ll be there in my scarf battering small children out of the way with my Hedwig handbag so I can get good seats.

5 Comments:

At 7:13 pm, Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

I still haven't finished the HP blankets I'm sewing for the girls. I have one done but I've stalled on the second. Your scarf looks so cosy! Have a great time at the movie. :-)

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger Jerry said...

Oh hell, I have been meaning to make one of these for a year now. I guess I should sart it soon that way I'll be ready for Order of the Phoenix.

It looks good!!!!

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Thank you folks.

The cinema was packed, it got a 12 rating here though so the kids weren't so small. Definitely not one for the little ones.

 
At 12:52 am, Blogger Jerry said...

It's PG-13 here in the States so that's similar to your 12 rating.Hoping to go tomorrow. If it's sold out, I'll get to try one perk on my credit card of being able to obtain hard to get things-we'll see how well they live up to their promise of that :-) The ads for it look absolutely brilliant!

 
At 11:42 am, Blogger iHanna said...

It looks great - fun and usufull, hope you enjoyed your magic evening out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home