Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Knit one, snore too

When it comes to the likes of Brad Pitt I certainly wouldn’t kick him out of bed for eating toast. I did have a terrible thought the other day though – would he kick me out of bed for knitting? I’m sure it’s a sign of an obsession gone too far when I even have a project on the go that I specifically knit in bed. Can you tell I’m single? Granted it usually depends on how good my current book is, but still I get a bit done here and there.


At the moment I’m working on a chunky weight baby cardigan in a multi coloured mohair content yarn. The complete content is a bit of a mystery as again it’s been a keeper in my stash for a long time. This pattern was one of the first garments I made in my early years of knitting, it was in this yarn too. I’m a bit short of it this time, so I bought some plain pink. The closest match was in acrylic, but as i’m only using it for the rib, bands and collar I’m not too bothered and think it may actually look better than my earlier effort.

It’s made in Trinity stitch and I love the way the pinks, lilacs and blues merge together, it's very soft to the touch too. It may be a while before I get it finished unless I learn to knit in my sleep…..


The pattern is from Patons Classic Baby Collection. I'm doing the 18" size which takes 250g chunky yarn and has an actual measurement of 23".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home