Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Remind me how old I am.

I’m 26 today. I know that isn’t ‘terribly’ old, but I’ve got a funny feeling something isn’t right. I thought about this the other day. I’m the one sitting knitting, in a rocking chair, covered in an afghan that I crocheted myself while my elderly mother (she’d kill me for saying that) is out on the town with her friends drinking and gambling (well, ok a bit of bingo at the Social Club), but still I’m sure it’s supposed to be the other way around. Only maybe with something a bit more exciting than bingo and a small sweet sherry. I think I need to get out more.

The offending afghan....

















Notable presents include:

A sewing machine
A croquet set (don't ask)
Armwarmers - handknit from Uttams in London, made from 100% wool and fleece lined. Toasty warm and ideal for me. I love the cream and green combo. They even match the blog!


3 Comments:

At 8:05 pm, Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Happy Birthday!
Don't worry the irony will only get worse as you age. :-)
That's pretty cool you got a sewing machine for a present.

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Thank you!

I think the sewing machine has something to do with the gift-giver wanting curtains.

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

I know how you feel! The other day as I was wearing my apron, baking pumpkin pies, and knitting whilst my mother was off with her sisters at the mall I thought, "Something is not quite right here..."

Happy Belated Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home