Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Da da da da da da Superbaby!

Here’s another WIP, it’s a cape for my friend Jenny’s bean. I'm working in white 4 ply acrylic. She’d asked me initially to make her a blanket, but since her Mum has already crocheted a number of them and Jenny has taken up knitting and made two herself, I decided to do something a bit different.

This is the pattern as it is in the book, ‘The Baby Knitting and Crochet Book’, a compilation of Peter Pan patterns for WHSmith in 1983. I altered the stitch pattern slightly as the one in the book was sending me cross-eyed. I’ve already done a matinee set in this stitch so it’s been pretty easy going as it's similar to the one given. It’s made in 3 parts with a garter stitch yoke and hood. I'm slightly worried that this is a bit more girly than the other but it shouldn't matter for such a little one. It may even come in for dress up when the bean turns into a tot.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 am, Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

What a cute pattern. :-)
I love baby stuff in white.

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Thanks. My Mum is a big believer in babies in white too. I tend to get carried away with colour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home