Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Frazzled

We got builders in fitting a new kitchen and it’s been non-stop hassle all day. We had them ripping out the old kitchen and then electricians drilling into the walls and rewiring. There’s dust everywhere. They’ve been driving me potty and as I’ve been distracted, so has my knitting. I’m still knitting the navy baby jacket and I feel like it’s taking forever. I got the sleeves cast off earlier, but I couldn’t face doing the hood. Definitely new project time.

I’m still working on the baby cape a few inches each day, but that didn’t appeal to me either. I dragged out a crochet coat that I started last winter and couldn’t face that, so I started another hot water bottle cover. I’ve got another friend’s birthday coming up and I learnt my lesson last year when I made different projects for different people and they all wanted what the other ones had. Em, if you’re reading this you really are getting something different.

I’m personalising it for the recipient like I did with the last one. Jen is mad on lizards and has lizard everything around her home – everything except a hand-knitted hot water bottle cover of course! I’ve done a chart for the lizard, but rather than knit it in (and pull my hair out in the process), I’ve decided to swiss darn it on later. Here's the front so far, there will be another band above the yellow panel, the back will be plain green and i'll probably cable the neck again.


I’m not sure whether I like it or not, the yellow and black band is bothering me and I’m starting to wonder if it’s a bit over the top on colour. I’ll see how it looks when I’ve finished the whole front and if I still don’t like it I’ll rip it back and reconsider.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 pm, Blogger Rain said...

The jacket looks really cute when it's done, it's one of thise things that you never want to part with.

I was thinking about a green lizard with a black diamond pattern on it. I could always think about red on it instead. Hmm, I think i'll have to have a play around with it.

Deifnitely rather you than me with the spiders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home