Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Twister

This scarf was inspired by the gorgeous Lily Chin Reversible Rib Shawl (which I still haven't finished). I desperately needed a brown scarf and fell in love the wonderful cinnamon colourway in Wendy Fusion that was a perfect match to many of my things.

I am delighted with the results and wanted to share the pattern with you. It's quick and easy to make and would look great in any chunky yarn. While it's not a particularly long scarf you can thread it through one of the cables for the 'keyhole' look if that's what you prefer.

Yarn: 2 x Wendy Fusion 50% wool/ 50% acrylic (single plied), 50g, 88m (96 yds) per ball
Needles: 6mm / US 10
Tension: 16 sts x 20 rows = 4" square.
Dimensions: 10cm (4") wide x 132cm (52") long

2x2 rib = *k2,p2. Repeat from * to end.

Cable row: k2, p2, C-rib24B, k2, p2.

C-rib24B = slide 12 sts onto a cable needle and hold to the back of the work, (k2, p2) 3 times from the left needle, (k2, p2) 3 times from the cable needle.

Cast on 32 sts

Work 2x2 rib for 19 rows.
Work cable row

**Work 2x2 rib for 29 rows
Work cable row
Repeat from ** 6 times more

Work 2x2 rib for 19 rows.
Cast off in rib.

15 Comments:

At 12:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great scarf and the colors look so good on you!! I love the keyhole effect.

 
At 12:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great! The colors do indeed suit you. Can I get a link to the pattern post itself? Maybe you'll add it to the other ones on the right column? thanks! happy new year.

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

ever so lovely! the design, the colors, everything!
thanks for sharing it. this will be great in a splurge of cashmere!
happy new year!

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

love it! This is definately something I could whip up if I didn't have much time. Thanks!

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Daisy said...

Fab pattern! Thanks for posting it.

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very cool!! I wish you had posted this sooner (I would have ditched the cable scarf for SIL and knit this for her!)

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger Bonnie said...

Nice scarf! It's very, very cool.

Best wishes for a knittingful 2007!

 
At 2:56 pm, Blogger T said...

Oi, that's nifty! Thanks :) I need another scarf, ROFLMAO! Happy New Year Rainy-Rain x

 
At 7:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea for a scarf! If I can ever bring myself to knit anything resembling the RRS again, I just might give this a try.

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger Zonda said...

I love the scarf! Thanks for the pattern too! Love the color! Happy New Year! :)

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

Ohhh, I love the scarf! Thank so much for sharing the pattern :)

 
At 1:24 am, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

So lovely and clever! Not that I'm surprised :)

 
At 12:04 am, Blogger Batty said...

I just noticed that I never commented on this lovely scarf. The shawl it's derived from is one of those things I regularly drool over. But I love, love, love your adaptation. A scarf isn't as big a commitment, and it can be worn with more things than a full-sized shawl.

The colorway you picked is gorgeous. Browns are definitely your colors!

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I don't know you, but I like you! This pattern rocks! It is something that I could actually make! Thank you!

Happy Valentines Day!

 
At 4:33 am, Blogger perlacarolina said...

I am trying to knit this scarf, but it´s getting a little hard for me to do it, since I am not an English speaker, but Spanish. Would you do me the favor to explain it more? Thank you in advance. Perla from Chile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home