Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Friday, June 02, 2006

667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

If your little madam isn't quite the devil incarnate, but not far off she needs some Ruby slippers. Or maybe it's Mum who needs them to wish herself away......hmm, I'll have to make a bigger pair.

I made these wee booties for Scarlett ages ago and have finally got round to putting the pattern up. I'd like to thank Scarlett for the use of her feet and Dave for taking the photos (even this one). I drew the line at a circular saw with ketchup splatters. I don't advocate chopping childrens' feet off, although I do think they should be kept on a lead in public.

Dave's website is well worth a visit, if only for a warning of what middle aged men with a mid-life crisis get up. He has some spectacular photos of Europe on there.

6 Comments:

At 10:51 am, Blogger Lara 900 said...

really nice booties, Rain!

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Just adorable! And such clever photos, Dave. Rain, you are brave and kind to put a free pattern out there. Thank you.

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

I was reading the pattern and the disclaimer "no babies were harmed in the knitting of these booties" before the pictures loaded---and really starting to wonder!!

Great booties! And that first pic is hilarious!

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Love those ruby booties!

DH has a "667 - The neighbour of the beast" sticker on his car ....

 
At 5:56 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Thanks folks. I had a lot of fun making them and Dave had a laugh doing the photos.

Bezzie - lol, I put that in just in case someone thought I was stuffing babies under sheds.

 
At 5:12 pm, Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Oh My God!!They are adorable! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home