I've needed to do a good sort out for ages so I dragged everything downstairs for a tidy up. I like my yarn to be bagged and tagged - basically kept clean but easily searchable. There was lots of rewinding, weighing and cataloguing going on. I've updated a spreadsheet to include all of it- easily searchable by weight, amount, type and colour. It's going to be so much easier to match yarn to projects in future. As stashes go it's not the most exciting in the world, mostly acrylic but it keeps me happy. It's funny how there's so much there and yet I still lament that I have nothing to knit with.
I've got it sorted into 9 of the plastic tubs and am determined to keep it tidy. Each tub has something different in it so as long as I don't start moving things around it should behave itself. It was one of those occasions where you wish you'd never started something but it was worth it in the end. We won't go into how I could have cried once I'd finished when I found another bin bag full of yarn that I'd forgotten about. Fortunately it was large amounts that didn't need much sorting.
As far as the knitting has been going I'm still working on gifts, the intended recipients swing by here from time to time so I daren't post them until later. Two of them are my own patterns which for once I've actually written down properly as I've worked, so I should be able to get them up soon. It makes a change from indecipherable squiggles on the back of an envelope. Hmm, I must be ill, all of this organisation isn't right.