Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Friday, December 02, 2005

No sex please, we're British.

If you are British and you know me, will you please find something else to do in the evening. I know it's cold, but for goodness sake (my hands' sake) will you please buy some winciette pyjamas instead. That's 2 more babies i've heard about in the last week that I need to knit for. I need more notice ladies and please stop cluster bombing them all at the same time. My cousin has just had a baby, there are the two military babies due in January and now two close family friends due in June/July. If you're struggling to find a suitable contraceptive my sister will gladly lend you her 3 boys for half an hour. You won't be crossing your legs after that, you'll be tying them in knots.

My not-quite-finished baby objects box is running over as it is and i've promised myself that I won't cast on anything new until everything else is finished. I've set myself an end-of-the-year-or-else deadline. What the punishment for non compliance is I don't know, but i'm sure it will involve lots of last minute panicking and button sewing. I might have to punish myself with more knitting too.


Before the end of the year you can expect to see:

a sleep (flying) suit with full Air Farce insignia (that's not a typo either). (Needs a collar and buttons)
a camoflage combat jacket (needs bands and pockets sewing on)
a cardigan with stars (needs bands knitting)
a donkey coat (needs sewing together and buttons)
a bear gilet (needs duffle fastenings or a zip)
a lacy cardigan (needs lace trim lengthening for bottom and cuffs)
a teddy bear in a sheep suit (needs sewing and stuffing)
a crocheted pram blanket (needs ends sewing in and lining)

There, now i've confessed my sins I can get on with things. I forgot to mention all the stuff on needles, but there's only so much i'm willing to admit to and only so much space on the internet.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 pm, Blogger Monica said...

It is funny how they all show up at the same time, isn't it?

 
At 6:59 pm, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

SO a donkey coat is a coat for a donkey? A coat made of donkey? A style of coat? A knitted coat with an intarsia donkey? I can go on...

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Rain said...

You missed out a coat that looks like a donkey! Guess i'm doing that next then to satisfy your curiosity ;)

 
At 3:02 am, Blogger Knittypants said...

I'm looking forward to seeing these baby things finished. Sound pretty cute. Babies seem to always come in clusters, don't they.

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger Rain said...

No moo-cow coat, but I did an all-in-one sheep suit. You'll have to wait for that one until i've finished the matching sheep suit for the teddy bear.

I think the great baby conspiracy is the government putting something in the water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home