Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's cold ouside

Brrrrrrrr. Its really starting to get cold here. It's dropping to as low as -7 at night and there has been a thick fog lingering for the past few days. Snow has been forecast for the end of the week, winter has definitely set in and it's here to stay.

I've finished the hot water bottle cover that I was making for a friend's birthday. I think it's a really fitting gift for this time of year, especially given the weather.

I'm not too happy about this one and I don't know why. I'm going to leave it for a few days and look at it again. It will either grow on me, or I will find a way to change it. I've still got a week or two to make something else if I decide I really don't like it.

I've also been working on this muffler in open twisted rib. It's in mystery yarn that I bought a few years ago as an odd ball for teaching someone to knit. It's thicker than chunky weight, but not as thick as 'Big Wool'. It caught my eye when I was stash diving for something else, so I decided to experiment.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 pm, Blogger Emma said...

I love it. It's fun, it's really fitting this time of year as you said and and over all it's very lizard-y. I'm not sure how I would feel about having one (a lizard that is) in my bed, but since she likes them... ;)

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger Rain said...

Thanks guys, i've been really worried about it, but you're helping to put my mind at rest.

Aurora - I spend almost all day knitting, so I tend to get a lot done. Otherwise it would take me forever.

As for mystery yarn - I've got loads of it. Just in the process of rewinding and tidying it now. Can't wait to start knitting with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home