The Jedi Coat
Last winter I really wanted a full length crocheted coat. I had some nice patterns for coats, but none were quite what I was looking for. I found this coat pattern on t’internet and decided to adapt it and make it longer. I also added in side panels to make the bottom more flowy and fitted around my hips. It’s basically a lot of afghan squares sewn together and rows of double treble connecting certain parts. I did actually finish it around the time of the last Star Wars film and was met with lots of laughter from my friends as it ended up looking suspiciously like a Jedi cloak (it was an unfortunate coincidence and accident).
Once it was finished I decided it was too long, it was brushing the floor and I didn’t want to ruin it by dragging it around on the ground outside. It was also long in the arms. I also wanted to make the hood bigger. It just fitted my head, but stylistically I wanted it to look more like the hood on the Scottish Widows cloak. This summer I pulled it apart and took off the longer bits and am in the process of putting it back together. With the recent bad weather it’s encouraging me to get it done. I’m also planning to line it a bottle green fabric. This is the current state of it, but I’m hoping to have the crocheting done in the next two weeks and the lining shortly after.