Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Forgive me, for I have sinned.

I know I promised that I wouldn't cast on anything new until all my unfinished items were done, but I was in a knitting mood this afternoon and couldn't stop myself. Itchy fingers have to be scratched. I just about managed to refrain from casting on a cabled aran and went for a smaller project instead.

I've been wanting to make this peruvian chullo for about 6 months and just never got round to it.
I wasn't overly keen on the design of the men and women so I charted some teddy bears instead.
The ears are a bit big on them, but worse things happen in life so they got to stay. Of course there are the obligatory zillion ends to sew in and it needs a lot of tidying up, but as far as cuteness goes - I love it. I'll make the ties and tassle tomorrow. I've been plotting colours and motifs for future attempts at the pattern, so don't be surprised if you see this sort of thing again (especially not in my size).

I did buy one for myself when I was in Peru, but it ended up getting sent with the laundry by mistake and came back tumble dried. Sadly the horror stories about tumble drying alpaca are true. It's a tad on the small side for me now so i'm waiting either for a child of my own or my head to shrink.





I've also finished Buster from Rowan Babies by Kim Hargreaves. This was on my to-do list, so I must earn brownie points for that. I did get buttons for it (maroon), but won't put them on until i'm next having a sewing session. I made the 18" size in DK acrylic opting for white and maroon rather than grey and black. I'm not happy with the stars and may swiss darn over the top of them either to tidy them up or change the shape.


5 Comments:

At 6:57 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

Your chullo is pretty cute. I like the sweater, too.

 
At 3:45 am, Blogger Thea said...

hi rain - tks for visiting my blog - think my pink sweater pales in comparison to your amazing intarsia! Very cute hat, and good stuff on the blog as well!

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Jerry said...

I really like thet teddy bears on it and the design itself is very cool. I wish I could get myself to wear a hat, my ears wouldn't get quite so cold. Never did wear them as a child. Gram always insisted and I insisted I wouldn't LOL!

BTW-thanks for putting my button on your site!

 
At 11:39 pm, Blogger Rain said...

Thanks folks.

Aurora, I have a WIP pile to rival Everest as it is!

Thea, your cable stuff is great, go see Jerry's blog, he's cable crazy!

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger chuck said...

AW...the baby cap is really sweet! So is the baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home