Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

For Love nor Money

It appears that after a whole day spent exploring every fabric shop in Liverpool city centre (including a large warehouse) I cannot get bottle green satin for love nor money (and believe me I was offering both by the end of the day). I did find green lining fabric, the type found in skirts, but it looked very dull, flat and unappealing. The only green satin was a 1m section in the bolt ends and remnants section. In desperation I decided to go for the other colours in the Jedi Coat to see how they looked and came home with navy blue.

Excuse the dodgy photo - you try photographing satin in the near dark! I actually think I prefer this to the green. It pulls up the blue and makes it more prominent and I think the green would have made the whole thing a little too green. I'm paranoid he's packaged up black by mistake as it looks very dark in dim lamp light, I'll check in the morning in the daylight and if it's black i'll cry (and get back on the train).

I also went on the great button hunt that accompanies each batch of FOs. I didn’t manage to find buttons for everything, but I haven’t exhausted all of my options yet. Apparently I’m too picky when it comes to finding a match, but I hate sewing on something I’m not happy with.

I have been knitting (brownie guide’s honour – does that count if they threw you out?), but you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see it.

There are a few new things around the blog, most exciting being a gallery so you can peruse my back catalogue of FOs as well as those which I’ve worked on recently. Bar some of the non-baby items it's all from the last 7-8 months.

5 Comments:

At 8:41 am, Blogger Rain said...

It is the right colour! It's just very dark.

All the shops normally stock it, but can't say when the next order is due in. BAH!

The frog has been there for about 2 days. He's guarding some of my stash.

 
At 5:50 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

I just checked out your gallery. You have been one busy lady this year. You must be completely surrounded by well dressed babies. I really like those sheep booties.

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger Rain said...

I love those booties too, I almost didn't want to part with them.

I really am starting to think there's something in the water with all the babies due at the moment.

 
At 5:05 am, Anonymous Austin Tindle said...

Your the bestt

 
At 5:33 am, Anonymous Austin Tindle said...

Grreat reading your blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home