Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Fetch!

I've finally finished my Fetching. This is the fourth pair I've made but the first for myself. These are in Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran which is a gorgeous yarn. You can get a pair out of one ball so it's ideal as a sub for the Debbie Bliss yarn. I did mean to take action shots with the creature out on our walk this morning but I forgot to take the camera and Cassie was far too tired to play when we got back. I started these when I was in hospital last year but found it difficult to knit with the cannula in my hand. I ended up knitting one from each end of the ball as I didn't have the pattern with me and could only work up to as far as I could remember. When I came home they got dumped in my work basket and have been there ever since with the yarn in the middle transforming into the mother of all knots and the whole thing ending up a bit scruffy. Still I like 'em and they look great with my new coat.

I also have some fab froggy goodies that I've been kindly sent that I want to show off. Apologies for taking so long to do so.

These very cute pens were sent to me by Hazel and Bad Amy sent me this hilarious calendar and frog heart purse. The smaller purse came from my friend Emily.

I've also been sent this great yarn stamp by the very talented Carrie Anne which came with this block print card she made herself. You can now buy both in Hazel's shop - they're great for making care cards or tags for your knitted gifts. Thank you so much everyone, I've had a rough few months and when they've arrived they've really made my day.

I also meant to tell you ages ago to go along and see the very cute version of my Twister pattern that HPNY made. I really liked the much shorter version as it's more practical for some coats than a long scarf.

30 Comments:

At 6:47 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Your Fetchings look great, what lovely yarn the Sublime is too :-)

All the froggy gifts are fab too!

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger Baigneuse said...

Lovely Fetchings! That frog calander is hilarious.

 
At 7:45 pm, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty fetchings! And I love your SKB so far! Such a pretty color. I'm envious of the cotton angora.

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Seahorse said...

Your Fetchings look great - love the 'punny' pic!

 
At 8:22 pm, Blogger String Bean said...

Cassie's getting pretty big. She's still gorgeous.

I'm using that same yarn for my Clementine Shawl. Isn't that yarn heaven? I looove it.

Cute frog gifts. I love the yarn stamp. Definitely framable.

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Decadent Fetchings... I love the look of the yarn! Love all the frog pressies too :)

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

Love your Fetchings, the colour of your Sublime yarn is gorgeous - thanks for the tip on the substitution. Love your froggy gifts!

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

you managed to get Cassie tired? wow! very lovely fetching, perfect for walking the cute dog!
thanks for the shout. I gave the mini twist to my new sister in law, who is French, and she deemed it very chic!
:-)

 
At 1:46 am, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your Fetchings look awesome! Great job. I haven't knit that pattern yet...I see it all over Blogland, so I'll probably have to do the pattern as well!

Love your little froggy items, they are so cute! My sister in law collects frog things too.

 
At 11:48 am, Blogger Bezzie said...

Fetching fetchings!

I love that card! (And the others in Hazel's shop!)

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Great picture of Cassie! I'm not keen on beige but your fetchings look really soft and cuddly and I AM keen on that. The yarn sounds lovely. Lots of folks are knitting fetchings at the K2tog I go to - they look like a quick knit?
And thanks for the links, Rain - I'm after goodies to send my secret pal.

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger T said...

Very nice Fetchings and the yarn sounds delicious to work with. Well done for getting them done.
Nice froggy and knitty gifts! :D

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger Daisy said...

Fab froggy gifts!

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger artyfartykat said...

Love the pun! The Fetchings look beautiful, but Cassie steals the show as usual ;)

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

The frog calendar is sooooo funny! Fetching look great.

 
At 2:40 pm, Blogger Melissa said...

I love all of the frog stuff! :)
You dog is too cute.

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger Alisha said...

Fetchings....I love them. I am on my fourth pair. I finish a pair and cast on another. I could (and will in fact) do the pattern over and over. It comes out great everytime.

Cute treats you have there too.

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger Kimberly said...

What great goods! Your fetching are great too. You deserve a pair for yourself. :)

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger Batty said...

Great Fetching shot! Perfect, with dog!

Love our froggy gifts. Ribbit!

 
At 5:12 pm, Blogger Dina said...

Cute froggie presents and another lovely pair of Fetchings. Must. Knit. A. Pair!

 
At 10:11 am, Blogger Donna said...

Love the gloves. I think I'm going to make ones with fingers in for next winter though!!

 
At 1:51 pm, Blogger Bonnie said...

Mmm, Fetching in cashmere/merino/silk must be heavenly. They look beautiful!

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Linda said...

I love the frog in the helicopter! What great gifts.

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Frog in a helicopter? Sounds like Thursday.

Your fetcchings are very sweet. That's one pattern I haven't jumped on the bandwagon for. I don't seem to have a need for them. I'm working on Dashing for a freind that lives in a place with unfortunate weather though.

If that made no sense, forgive me the haxe of NyQuil has not yet worn off this morning.

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Your Fetching gloves look wonderful and the yarn sounds so yummy! Love the frog/helicopter calendar!

 
At 6:16 pm, Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Lovely Fetching and the bodice looks great. Was that your dog's paw holding it straight for the photo or trying to steal it?

 
At 5:17 am, Blogger V said...

Very pretty Fetchings! :) The frog calendar cracks me up.

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Curly Cable said...

Your Fetchings are fabulous, Love your froggy goodies, and your dog is just so cute!!!!

 
At 5:20 pm, Blogger Samantha said...

Love the fetchings! I looove your puppy too. :)

 
At 4:38 am, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Cassie's grown up so well! Lovely fetchings. I'm glad things are looking up -- nice gifts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home