Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Friday, July 13, 2007

'armless enough!

This month has been a busy one for me so far but with very little knitting to show. I've got an upcoming deadline for a pattern (the SnB one) and that has taken precedence over everything else meaning that I had to find a fairly quick knit for my monthly KAL target. I have to say I was rather naughty with this choice because I went for a short sleeved cardigan which doesn't really count as a sweater in my self-imposed rules. I shall have to do penance later in the year and make myself some extremely long arm warmers to make up for it.

The project is from this year's Spring/Summer edition of Vogue Knitting and is worked in Blue Sky Organic Cotton. The yarn is so lovely to work with and feels incredibly soft. It was very kindly sent to me by the fabulous (and very naughty) T in exchange for some design work I did for her. She knows me too well because I was wistfully fondling this exact stuff only the week prior to receiving it. Thank you T.

I made a few alterations to the pattern adding in 2 inches to the body to try and hide my short torso. Looking back at it now I should have added them into the peplum or rib, but I was trying to avoid having the rib intercept the very part I was hoping to disguise.

After having a play with it I decided to fasten it crossed over slightly as it looks a little more flattering, especially from the back. I had to go down a needle size to get gauge and used just under 5 balls for the biggest size. The remaining yarn was also turned into another quick project but you'll have to wait to see that because FOs are on ration in these parts.

25 Comments:

At 10:52 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said...

Very nice, I am so impressed with the speed of your knitting, and you make such lovely choices too.

 
At 12:15 am, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love these posts! I'll see the model picture of a sweater in bloglines and then ta-da! Your sweater appears! I'm easily amused.

Great job. I'm impressed you've kept up with that KAL. Mine would all be short sleeved baby sweaters! ;-)

 
At 12:16 am, Blogger Charity said...

Really nice, Rain! You look great, what a fast knit! :0)

 
At 1:10 am, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Another beauty, Rain! You always impress me. And I adore the Blue Sky cotton - it's soooooo soft, and the colors are brilliant.

 
At 1:29 am, Blogger Agnes said...

I love the colour! And yes, the second way of wearing would be my choice too!

 
At 2:59 am, Blogger Heather said...

Nice one! - Looks fab on you ;o)

I'm a huge fan of Blue Sky - I love their stuff, especially the organic cotton, but don't really *do* natural colours, but it looks good in the stash!!!

I've got a s/s cardi pattern all written up and ready to be published using BS Cotton..... just need to get it out there.......still working on the website.....

Ooh,and thanks for being such a regular *comment leaver* on my blog - I don't get anywhere near the amount that you do but appreciate everyone that stops by :o)

 
At 3:52 am, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice!! Looks really good on you! :)

 
At 8:04 am, Blogger Linda said...

That is another great sweater, I would count it as fine towards the knitalong, you are doing so well with it. I have just ordered the Vogue mag so it is nice to see something from it in real life!

 
At 11:54 am, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Oh, very cute! I like the color choice, it gives the sweater a whole new look... more fun and flirty than the pattern photo :)

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Bonnie said...

Your are amazing! How do you knit so much, so fast?

I like your cross-over adjustment at the bottom of the sweater. It looks great and works well with this patternl. Perfect fit!

 
At 3:11 pm, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful! You're on such a roll this year. Someday, I'll get you on socks and you'll be doing a pair a month. Or more!

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Batty said...

It's beautiful. And may I just say that green is so your color? It looks great on you!

 
At 8:40 pm, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

what a lovely soft top for summer! the color is very minty.

 
At 10:40 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

You look great! As long as it has sleeves.... I like that pale green color on you, too :)

 
At 10:54 pm, Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Beautiful! In my books, it looks like a sweater to me.

 
At 12:13 pm, Blogger artyfartykat said...

I'm sat, mouth ajar! How do you do it? You knit so fast, tweaking the pattern as you go, I'm amazed!
The cardi is lovely, the pattern and yarn work well together.

 
At 1:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great on you. The color is very flattering.

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger Samantha said...

I love it! It looks fantastic on you too. :)

 
At 7:55 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Wow, another great sweater, I'm sure it counts - I'd never get anywhere near one per month!

 
At 1:09 am, Blogger TinkingBell said...

How fabulous are you! and how quick - If it's lacy and has bands and/or buttons it counts as a sweater in my book! Gorgeous!

 
At 1:11 am, Blogger TinkingBell said...

Lovely lovely and I do love the hat - PJ is doing a greast modelling job - always impressed by the FOs- Well done!

 
At 2:45 pm, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Very lovely! I like the color, and I really enjoy Organic Cotton. I think it's okay to count it as a sweater. It is, after all, summer, and you can't wear a long-sleeved heavy thing right now.

 
At 8:46 am, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Looks really great
I so wish I could get my knitting mojo back ; I'm in spinning mode at the moment which just creates YET more yarn to knit up !!

 
At 11:14 am, Blogger KnitYoga said...

That's lovely. Why can't you count it - short sleeves or not!? I'm amazed how your sweaters seem to just come whizzing off the needles as if my magic. Are you sure you haven't got a load of knitting elves there! LOL Really looking forward to seeing your S&B pattern in print.

 
At 2:05 am, Blogger Delana said...

That sweater is on my want to knit list too. Yours looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home