Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Erm.............................. oops

Calling my schedule hectic would be the understatement of the century, which means I've had to develop a new hobby. I have given up knitting and replaced it with stashing. Although I'm starting to think it's more of an illness than a hobby because it's brought on by extreme stress. I think I have an allergy to assignment deadlines, of which there have been plenty.
As you can see I'm in a very purple mood of late.

It's Sirdar Blur and Click, Debbie Bliss Astrakhan and Cashmerino Aran, Manos del Uruguay, Twilley's Freedom Spirit and Hunter's of Brora 4 ply. I've enough for a sweater from each type, with enough for 2 from the Astrakhan.

Although I have been good and branched out to other colours.

Fox Moda, 3 more colours of Manos, more Hunter's, Louisa Harding Fauve and some DB Cathay. Again in sweater quantities. All of this has been extremely bargainous, although I did splurge on some Knit Witches Cashmere lace weight when I went to London for the new SnB book launch, but more on that another time.










Right now I'm too busy fending off my mother's attempts to misappropriate some of it in her direction. Too much yarn? No such thing!

19 Comments:

At 2:54 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee! Well admitting the problem is the first step right? ;-)

 
At 5:23 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Ooooh, pretty! Makes me want to go out and buy more yarn. You enabler, you.

Must ..... buy ...... yarn ......
Must ..... buy ...... yarn ......

Argh!

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I agree! no such thing as too much yarn!! good to hear from you again and merry xmas and happy new year. fiber therapy is by far better than the "other options " in addiction...

wonderful stash enhancement!

 
At 8:46 pm, Blogger TinkingBell said...

No no no - sale yarn doesn't count as stash - neither does sock yarn, yarn purchased from overseas or single skeins - so with all that sale yarn you're actually in negative stash territory!!

Merry Christmas Rain and have a great New Year

 
At 8:48 pm, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Good to see I'm not the only one! I've been unable to knit due to carpal tunnel recently, but I can't seem to stop building stash! Glad to hear from you, hope you have a wonderful holiday season :)

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh, it's beautiful stuff!

Stress seems to make me buy yarn, too. This last year my stash has been very well enhanced.

I love all the purples, and when you have time I can't wait to see the sweaters you knit.

 
At 2:12 am, Blogger Zonda said...

I agree, beautiful stuff there! I buy yarn under stress too...Good to hear from you! Hoping things calm down for you soon!

 
At 8:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great collection of new yarns! Amazing colours.

Have a nice Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

 
At 11:33 am, Blogger Piglottie said...

Love the new hobby :) It was my hobby of choice this year but next year I'm hoping knitting will overtake. Lovely stash though.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

 
At 11:47 am, Blogger T said...

If you have space, it's not too much yet :)

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger setters said...

I know you'd told me about it but it looks sooo much better in 'real life'!!

Have a fab Xmas break & see you in the New Year!

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger Donna said...

Oooo, ppuuurrrppllle (drools like Homer Simpson!)

Happy Christmas!!

 
At 7:56 pm, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Stashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh, o'r the yarn stores we go, laughing all the way...

 
At 11:05 pm, Blogger Pinkwool said...

ROFL Good one, Cpurl.

Oh thank you for sharing your SEX experience... I think I'll go have a smoke now. teehee.

 
At 1:04 am, Blogger Batty said...

You're not the only one. The less time I have to knit, the more patterns and yarn I buy. My guess is that it makes me feel like I'm still doing something nice for myself, or at least that I'm still connected with my inner knitter.

It also means that my yarn closet is bursting at the seams.

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said...

All those lovely colours couldn`t be ignored, and you do need to have a good selection for late night knitting to calm the nerves and focus the mind.

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

It could be a much worse problem ;-)

Beautiful yarns!

 
At 2:59 pm, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Fall down go boom?

That's a lot of yarn!

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Lots of yummy yarn!! Can't wait to see what you make with it all! My stash has only increased a little (sock yarn)...not a whole lot to pick and choose from here in South Korea so I've had to order online. I miss being able to get good yarn back home...oh well, just 8 months (roughly) to go and I can do that again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home