Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

Is it a giant rasta tam? Actually it's none of the above, but I ain't tellin'. You'll just have to guess.

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. The grand move South went very well indeed and I am now installed in a very trendy locale, but it unfortunately means I haven't had much knitting time as I'm now in University and teaching in a local secondary school. I do have lovely classes, but they keep me on my toes. I don't think I've ever done anything this time intensive so you'll have to forgive the lack of posts and blogreading. Roll on the holidays!

Most importantly, I have a few (very) belated thank yous.

The biggest goes out to Carrie Anne for being a truly amazing Summer Secret Santa. The swap took place in July and I received an amazing parcel. The yarn is Brigantia Luxury 100% wool DK in the most gorgeous colours. I was pleasantly surprised with this yarn, the tag says it's 50g skeins but on my second fondle something felt a bit suss so I weighed it and each skein came in at 111g making the posibilities endless. I think it's begging to be made into a vest top of some kind. The other items included a funky crocheted bag, a handmade ethnic necklace, a beautiful personalised notebook full of gorgeous different paper, some incense, some stationery and a brick of fudge (already devoured). Thank you so much Carrie Anne, it was all perfect.

Also the fabulous Queen of the Froggers, the wonderful ArtyFartyKat, the very talented Hila and the other other Rain (not the yarn licker) have all nominated me for a Rocking Girl Blogger Award.


I know it's taken me a while ages to get back to you all about it, but I was really touched by each of you thinking of me. Do go and check out their blogs because they rock too. I also want to thank all of you who've carried on reading even though the blogging has been a bit patchy over the past few months, it's been a funny old year so far. I really appreciate you stopping by to comment as well as those who just read along on the quiet. I also want to thank those of you that have added me to the link lists on your own blogs. I do notice and am keeping you all bookmarked so I can catch up with you at some point. You lot all rock! As for nominations of my own (I hate doing this because I can't pick everyone) I wanted to point you in the direction of three of my favourite blogs. Firstly Areli, she knits the most beautiful things, next up Heather because I want to be just like her when I grow up, and finally Rachel. She may forget to blog or knit, but she never fails to make me smile.

Psst! TG - I'd have picked you, but thought you might get the meme stick out and beat me with it.

26 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ha! I did get a nomination from a very dear friend and put it up on my blog for a while but recently took it down. The meme-ness was too great for me. Heh.

 
At 8:50 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad to hear that the move and the teaching is going well. Lovely to hear from you. And what lovely gifts!

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

Glad to hear things are settling down a bit for you.

I believe it's an amoeba attempting to mate with your head???

 
At 10:36 pm, Blogger bcat said...

Oh, I've missed you and so glad to see a post again! Hmm, could the hat be part of robes for Uni????????

 
At 11:50 pm, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Glad you are settled down after the big move!

Hmm, it looks like a big flower on your head.

 
At 1:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so good to hear from you. I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how you are doing. Good to hear you've settled in.

Thanks for the nomination, you are so sweet :-)

 
At 3:06 am, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay!! Good to see you and glad things are going good for you! Take care, we miss you!

 
At 12:03 pm, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

So nice to hear from you! I've been hoping for an update, and wishing you well in your new life in the meantime :)

Looks like a giant hairnet! Are you taking extra shifts in the cafeteria????

 
At 12:24 pm, Blogger Linda said...

Nice to hear how you are getting on and I am glad that all is well. The parcels look great. The thing on your head, is it a new type of curling device like rollers?! Or maybe a new pattern from you for something? I was wondering when the book comes out that has a pattern of yours in it as I can't remember the name.

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger T said...

I think you're doing a Peter Gabriel and dressing up as a flower, but you won't remember that so :P

Lovely swappy-doodles from CA!

Keep up the hard work :D

 
At 1:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, wow -- that's me! Thanks for the nomination! I guess I had better, you know, blog occasionally so as to live up to the honor.

Very good to hear from you, even if it does confirm what I expected that you're flat out with non-knitting and non-blogging activities. Think of all the knitting energy you'll have pent up by the holidays -- you'll probably explode out three sweaters in the first three days or something. I'll stick around to see that!

 
At 1:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you back! I am glad your life is going so well right now, you deserve it.

 
At 1:56 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

I have no idea what is sitting on your head, but I'm glad the move went well! You sound happy and busy!

 
At 3:29 am, Blogger knitty_kat said...

look - we all missed you! Now you just need to post again soon and keep us happy!

(congrats on the move)

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger Pinkwool said...

RAIN!!!! ./big bear hug

Missed you girl. :) Glad your schedule is falling into place even if it is stealing your knitting time. Time to get those knittign gnomes in the closet crackin on some new knitting projects. lol

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger Seahorse said...

Is the headgear one of those student initiation things perhaps? Do you have to drink 18 pints of snakebite before qualifying to wear it?

Lovely stuff from CA!

 
At 4:38 am, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

good to hear from you and congrats on the move!

the thing on your head looks like a tutu (?)

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger R a i n said...

Yay to having you back! I have no idea what that is on your head!!!! LOL.

You officially totally Rock now babe!

Cheers

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger Donna said...

Why did it take so long for someone to nominate you!!

Glad to hear things are going well, but make some time for YOU!

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Lovely to see you back. Glad the move went well. Sounds like you are having a really exciting time.

To quote Delboy... it's a knitted baineau de douche.

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger Batty said...

Great tam! And welcome back, I missed you!

 
At 8:21 am, Blogger Heather said...

Flippin' eck woman!! Where the hell have you been?

So you're a southern shandy drinker now 'ey?

Good to have you back on my monitor- even with the daft hat!

Thanks so much for the nomination :oD I am deeply honored.

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

A felted bowl?

I'm very pleased to hear the yarn turned out to be more than stated on the label! Excellent! Have fun with it :D

 
At 2:45 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said...

I reckon that's skeins of yarn you've intertwined together and placed on your bonce in a fetching way! LOL

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Welcome back!

 
At 7:24 pm, Blogger Artis-Anne said...

So glad to hear that all is well with you and that you are enjoying teaching :)
Blogging is wonderful as we all understand when a break is needed .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home