Frog in knots

Knitting, knots and frogging.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Life of Riley

Long time no see my dears. Blimey what a year! I finished my teaching qualification successfully this summer but ended up having a slight career change due to illness. I have developed a severe allergy to teenagers and the more chavtastic they are, the more intense my desire to run from the room screaming.

As you can see my alternative career choice keeps me incredibly busy.

This was me at work a few days ago - rushed off my feet as you see. You might also note a slight change of scenery too. I hopped across to Channel to Frogland a few weeks ago and will be here until next the start of next summer. I'm working for a school study tour company at the moment and head off to a ski resort this winter. I have already tracked down the yarn shops in Paris, and am now finding the time to knit again after my relative drought of last year. I've lots to show you, but won't spoil you all at once.

The project in my hands is Juno Regina which spent a few weeks in the naughty corner when I noticed a mistake 16" earlier. I was starting to think it was a project I wasn't supposed to make, but now seems to be behaving itself after a spell in detention. It won't be done any time soon, but is making a great portable project for the time being.

Otherwise it's sweaters-a go-go at Château Rain with this little number from VK Winter 05/06 in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran but more on that soon. I'm now mostly posting projects at Ravelry where my user name is Rainie.

Be good my sweets and I'll hopefully catch up with you all properly soon.

18 Comments:

At 1:55 pm, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, what a transition! Have fun in Frogland, hee hee.

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Glad to hear you're doing well! I love your "office"!

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Zonda said...

Good for you! Enjoy it! Nice to hear from you!

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Lara 900 said...

Welcome here in Paris! Lovely to think that we reside in the same place. And good for you, your career change seems to be working out quite well if it means spending a year here in the City of Light. If you want to meet, just drop me an email!

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger acrylik said...

Spooky - I'm wearing that very same Vogue jumper right now - it's a lovely knit!

So glad to hear all is going well for you! Have a wonderful time!

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger GURO said...

There you are! Nice to see you again. France, eh? You're very lucky...

 
At 2:32 pm, Blogger Donna said...

How great to work in France for a year. But what about your lovely doggy? Has s/he gone too?

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger Kashmir Knitter said...

Glad to see you're still around!

(The former DomesticOverlord)

 
At 12:51 am, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Well. That looks like a wonderful story. Keep us posted.

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger amanda said...

welcome back! enjoy paris, it looks just beautiful.

 
At 7:42 pm, Blogger String Bean said...

It's been ages! Glad to see you back... or in France. Enjoy yourself.
Can't wait to see what you've been knitting.

 
At 1:04 am, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's good to hear from you! I hear you on the teenager thing. They've got to be the hardest to deal with as a teacher. Hopefully your new endeavor is very rewarding! Hope all goes well for you in Frogland. Heh.

 
At 11:42 pm, Blogger Bad Amy said...

May I come for a visit, please?! ;)

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger setters said...

oh my god - you call that a knitting drought...!!

it's a positive desert in my house at the moment!!

but i have some major news & will mail you shortly - have fun!

xx

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Oh my - so that's where you are! Je ne parle pas francais and all that: Franglais maybe. Anyhow, since your blogging has been as diligent as mine, and you look so BUSY! I TAG you...
wishing you more knitting! more wineX loveX

 
At 2:05 am, Blogger Cerridwen said...

I did some teaching in Africa, and comming back to America, several people have asked why I don't get my teaching certificate here. My responce: "when I walked into class the first day, the headmaster gave me a stick and said 'just don't hit them in the face'. If you can find me a school here that has the same atitude I will think about it".
Looks like you found the better of the deal. Good luck!

 
At 10:36 am, Anonymous Logic Midi said...

thanks for posting this!

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Samantha said...

Where have you gone? I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home